- Testing, approval and certification
- BAM is Notified Body 0589
- Certification sectors
- Certification programmes
- Steps towards certification
- Certification Register
- Normative bases of certification
- More information
Amendments to BAM certifications (2019/2020)
Testing, approval and certification
BAM is Notified Body 0589
BAM operates as a Notified Body (identification number: 0589) according to EC Directives.
BZS has subdivided its certification activities into these sectors:
Steps towards certification
- The client sends an enquiry to BZS or to the appropriate BAM testing laboratory.
- BZS checks the client‘s request/application.
- BZS sends information on the certification procedure and a draft contract to the client.
- The client returns the application for certification to BZS (conclusion of the contract).
- Laboratory tests are performed as required.
- Subsequently, BAM carries out conformity assessment, which includes an assessment report, issuing a certificate and publication in the BAM certification register.
- Monitoring procedures follow legal and/or contractual terms.
BZS publishes certificates in the certification register.
- Certification register of the legally regulated area
- Certification register of the legally non-regulated area
- Register of expired certificates
- Register of withdrawn certificates
Normative bases of certification
The BAM certification activities are carried out according to the following European and International Standard: DIN EN ISO/IEC 17065. Testing laboratories involved in certification comply with the standard DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025. Statements on impartiality or dealing with conflicts of interest are periodically reviewed and published on the internet. The same applies to statements on objectivity of inspection and certification.
The technical competence of many divisions within BAM is regularly assessed and attested by third parties.
BAM has been granted accreditation according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17065:2013.