- Testing, analysis, approval and certification
- BAM is Notified Body 0589
- Certification at BAM
- Certification sectors
- Steps towards certification
- Certification Register
- Normative bases of certification
- More information
Testing, analysis, approval and certification
BAM is Notified Body 0589
BAM operates as a Notified Body (identification number: 0589) according to EC Directives.
Certification at BAM
Certification is the formal attestation by a neutral independent third party that products, processes, systems or persons meet defined requirements.
BAM certifies products and associated quality systems and carries out inspections in the framework of required monitoring activities. The tests forming the basis for certification are performed in BAM or, in exceptional cases, by external accredited and monitored external testing laboratories. The test results are assessed by BAM and form the basis for certification.
BAM certifies products predominantly in the framework of EC Directives and national legal regulations. Certification is carried out in the form of design-type tests (module B) generally in connection with monitoring of the manufacturers’ quality systems (module D).
Additionally BAM is also involved in certification in the voluntary area within BAM’s specific fields of competence where no legal regulations for products have been established yet.
Based on the safety level as well as on the product requirements the BAM Certification Body applies various certification systems relating to the extent of product testing and monitoring activities. This also offers the opportunity for a customer to mark his product(s) with an approved certification sign and/or to use this sign in advertisement and information material.
BZS has subdivided its certification activities into six sectors
Steps towards certification
- The client sends an enquiry to BZS or to the appropriate BAM testing laboratory.
- BZS checks the client‘s request/application.
- BZS sends information on the certification procedure and a draft contract to the client.
- The client returns the application for certification to BZS (conclusion of the contract).
- Laboratory tests are performed as required.
- Subsequently, BAM carries out conformity assessment, which includes an assessment report, issuing a certificate and publication in the BAM certification register.
- Monitoring procedures follow legal and/or contractual terms.
BZS publishes certificates in the certification register.
- Certification register of the legally regulated area
- Certification register of the legally non-regulated area
- Register of expired certificates
- Register of withdrawn certificates
Normative bases of certification
The BAM certification activities are carried out according to the following European and International Standards: DIN EN ISO/IEC 17065 and DIN EN ISO/IEC 17020 and/or 17021. Testing laboratories involved in certification comply with the standard DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025. Statements on impartiality or dealing with conflicts of interest are periodically reviewed and published on the internet. The same applies to statements on objectivity of inspection and certification.
The technical competence of many divisions within BAM is regularly assessed and attested by third parties.
BZS has been granted accreditation as an Inspection body Type A according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17020:2004 (DAkkS D-IS-11075-21-00).